The development of parenting provision is based on a tiered approach which acknowledges that the level of need and nature of support will vary between families.
We offer a variety of different courses and drop ins which we hope will support parents and carers in their role. This can range from Stress/Anger Management courses to visits from SureStart workers/advisors.
The Family Support staff within the Dry Arch work in partnership with parents to provide a service that promotes good parenting. The main basis of their work is to facilitate group programmes dealing with issues such as personal development, self esteem and parenting. The support workers also carry out outreach and home visiting, support for families, health care and also give support for those families who have children with special needs. Family support staff carry out the following duties:
- Outreach and home visiting schemes to families with young children
- Support for families, including befriending and parenting information
- Good quality play, learning and Child Care
- Community Health Care and advice
- Support for those with Special Need, including support in accessing specialised services